Holiday decorating isn’t just for Christmas! Door wreaths welcome all to your home any time of year and set the stage for celebrating. Make a simple wreath to hang on your front door with Thanksgiving colors – brown, russet and olive green. Use tree branches from your yard; attach colorful silk leaves, small gourds, pinecones, nuts, and ribbon.
Here are some more exterior decorating ideas:
• Make a “Welcome to Our Home” banner. Add your ribbons and fall leaves.
• Place a gorgeous mum by your front door. You can plant it later and have flowers next fall to use inside. It just takes one bright spot near your front door to attract the eye of arriving guests.
• Wrap your front door with autumn themed gift-wrap.
• Group together vines, pumpkins and mums for display impact near the front entrance. Adjust the vines to add height and movement.
• Fall leaves make great exterior and interior decorations.
Here are some interior decorating tips:
• Tie ribbons around your candle bases and around your floral arrangements. Safety Tip: Keep ribbon away from flames and melting candle wax.
• Set fall-colored leaves under your decorations.
• Enhance flower arrangements with fall tree branches. Just one bunch of flowers makes a huge impact when you divide and spread it around.
• Fill a glass or crystal bowl with gourds, oranges, and unshelled nuts.
• Display vegetables and mini pumpkins on a tray. Fill in any gaps with fall leaves, moss, straw, or wheat.
• Use copper, bronze or gold spray paint to dress up plain gourds and pumpkins.
• If the color orange clashes with your home’s interior, spray paint mini pumpkins a color to complement your décor.
• One beautiful way to kick off your holiday season: Wrap tiny gifts in gold foil, top off with a decorative ribbon, and place each gift on a dinner plate. Your table will look fabulous and your guests will love the thought. Happy Thanksgiving!
|< Prev||Next >|